SIZZLERS ON THE SPOT

Grab this Headline Animator

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

SIGNS OF SUICIDE

Did you know that 70% of people who commit suicide tell someone about their plans, or give warning signs? Take this questionnaire to find out if someone you know needs help.

Part I: Suicide Risk Questionnaire

Have you heard someone say:

01. Life isn't worth living
02. My family would be better off without me
03. Next time I'll take enough pills to do the job right
04. Take my (prized collection, valuables) - I don't need this stuff anymore
05. I won't be around to deal with that
06. You'll be sorry when I'm gone
07. I won't be in your way much longer
08. I just can't deal with everything -- life's too hard
09. Nobody understands me -- nobody feels the way I do
10. There's nothing I can do to make it better
11. I'd be better off dead
12. I feel like there is no way out


Part II: Depression Risk Questionnaire

Have you noticed the following signs of depression:

- Depressed mood
- Change in sleeping patterns (too much/little, disturbances)
- Change in weight or appetite
- Speaking and/or moving with unusual speed or slowness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Diminished ability to think or concentrate, slowed thinking or indecisiveness
- Feelings of worthlessness, self-reproach, or guilt
- Thoughts of death, suicide, or wishes to be dead

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=731731c3867f3a71f52f0570e312c9e0